Monday 5 May 2008

why is it so difficult

I can't understand why getting the zyxel g-260 wireless usb adapter to work under ubuntu is so damn difficult. The ndiswrapper will work but upon restarting the system you have to uninstall then reinstall the driver to stand a chance of the connection working, if you do manage to get a connection it will not last longer than 30 minutes before it drops and will require a full system restart. I have tried the zydel zd1211driver and yep get no where with that. the other little bit of kit that is playing me like a cheap harmonica is a ricco digital mp4 player. Seemed like a good idea at the time 1Gb player plays music, movies and works as an ebook reader. Turns out the ebook reader only reads txt format files - fat lot of good for all the pdf's I have accumulated. Anyway I thought I'd get some films put on it but due to windows being shite the video and sound are about 12 seconds out of phase rendering any movies unwatchable. The windows software they provide is a port of mencoder to windows however I cannot get any films compressed on linux to work on the player as the compression setting must be very specific. I have asked the support team for some assistance but won't hold my breath as until a few days ago the url in the instructions hadn't actually been registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Stack Overflow profile for Richard Johnson at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers