Monday 17 March 2008

here's to getting old

I don't know when it happened, but I have to admit I am officially old! At the ripe old age of 26 I have recently found myself a) wanting to find a quiet pub on a Friday night. b) no longer find fun in 'getting bladdered' c) can't easily distinguish 2 pop songs from one another. d) if I have a heavy night out the following night has to be an early one. e) upon seeing 'kids' in a pub you think, are they old enough to be in here? I guess all this should make me feel sad at the thought of my youth disappearing in what seems like the blink of an eye, but I don't. I feel quietly satisfied that when I look at a chavved up boy racer sh!t mobile, (some £400 corsa with a grands worth of body kit making it look like a caricature of its former self ) all I see is a childs toy and feel pity.

1 comment:

  1. So is that now just half a pint for you now ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Stack Overflow profile for Richard Johnson at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers