Thursday 21 June 2012

Some cyclists are dickheads

A cyclist tried to play chicken with me, who was in a car, I kid you not! This is the sort of cyclist that gives the rest of us a bad name, here's how it played out. in a 40mph limit I am behind a van doing ~25-30mph obviously looking for an address or something, I see that in the distance on the other side of the road there is a cyclist but that is all for what looks like miles. I move out around the van approaching 40mph at which point I notice the cyclist is now moving towards the centre of the road, bit odd since he hasn't signaled that he's turning right any way I complete the overtake and move back over to the left and on the road in front of me the cyclist is shouting and pointing at his head like I did something wrong! I ride my bike a lot and I think it's because of arrogant pricks like this that some motorists cut me up, it's a sort of do before it's done to you response because they expect EVERY cyclist to do something crazy. What an arsehole!!

1 comment:

  1. This one is actually quite interesting. Unfortunately this is the way of the world now. Some time ago i turned into a side road and someone was crossing the road, i slowed and raised my hand to say 'carry on crossing, im slowing down for you' but he had already started swearing and gesticulating at me. More recently some dickhead stepped out onto a zebra crossing without looking as i was already half way driving across it! Of course he shouted at me, so i stopped, even thought it was his fault (the bearded ***t), i said 'sorry mate you ok'.
    He continued hurling abuse at me.

    People arn't prepared for the fact that someone might actually do something nice for them anymore and instinctively react agressively to everyone, all the time.

    Are you reading this world, cos im talking about you!!

    yours
    the guy who tried to be nice to the beardy weirdy asshole in black from the council estate, shopping late in the evening cos he was to lazy to go out in the daytime.

    ReplyDelete

 
Stack Overflow profile for Richard Johnson at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers